Cherry Cordial Cheese Ball
Tired of the same ol’ cheese ball? Try sweetening it up!
Chocolate? Cherries? Yes and YES!
I love cheese ball and I’m totally in favor of changing things up. So when I was trying to decide what to bring to this year’s family gathering for the holidays, I decided to revamp the ol’ standard cheese ball. Why not make it taste like cherry cordial? Right?
To be honest, I was so thrilled with the idea that the cheese ball almost didn’t make it to our party. I was SO ready to dig in!
To make this ball of deliciousness for yourself, here’s what you’ll need: cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, chocolate, maraschino cherries and coconut oil.
Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. Chop the cherries and fold them in.
Combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Melt in a double boiler or in the microwave and stir well. Pour the chocolate mixture on top of the cream cheese mixture. Do not stir. Place the bowl in the refrigerator to allow the chocolate to harden. (about 20 minutes)
Once the chocolate has hardened, stir the mixture together. Place the mixture on a layer of plastic wrap and cover. Chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Shape into a ball with the wrap still on. Unwrap and place on a serving dish with cookies for dipping.
The cheese ball has a wonderfully surprising taste because it really does resemble cherry cordials. If you can wait, let it refrigerate over night because the flavors will marinate and develop a more intense cherry flavor.
Yeah, we didn’t wait that long to dig in but the next morning, I got into what little bit was left over and finished it off. Yummy!
I hope you’ll give your cheese ball a make over and try this variation for your next gathering. It’s super easy and super delish!
If you’ve got some crazy idea for a change up to your cheese ball, I’d love give it a try. Leave me a comment in that box down below.
Have a fabulous day friends and as always, keep it delicious!
Till next time ~ much love, Connie
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
- 1/4 C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 C maraschino cherries, chopped into quarters
- 1/4 C milk chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla and mix well.
- Fold in the chopped cherries.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together in a double boiler or in the microwave. Stir well.
- Drizzle the chocolate mixture over the cream cheese mixture. Do not stir.
- Place in the refrigerator until the chocolate has hardened. (about 20 minutes)
- Once the chocolate has hardened, stir the mixture and place onto plastic wrap. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. (preferably over night)
- Shape into a ball, remove plastic and place on serving tray with cookies for dipping.
Recipe by: Connie Murray @Happybellyfoodie.com