Grown up Tuna Salad! Grilled Tuna Salad is absolutely wonderful for any meal.
I admit it, I do like the mayo, relish, and onion version of tuna salad that you make from the canned stuff. It’s quick, easy, and an old stand-by lunch from the kitchen.
But since I’m such a foodie-geek, I wanted to gourmet it up here and try something new. I wanted to have something that gave a very light flavor profile to a gorgeous piece of tuna I bought at my local market.
This turned out exactly how I wanted it to! Dill is a dainty, perfume-y, non-over-powering herb that fits the bill for flavor. (And it’s fun to grow!) The small amounts of seasonings I added here were just enough to bring out the flavor of the fish without taking it over.
All in all, this one is a keeper. I hope you’ll give it a try and let me know what you think. ~ much love, Connie
- 1 half lb tuna steak
- olive oil for coating
- salt and pepper
- The Dressing
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tbsp fresh dill weed
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp finely minced red onion
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- olive oil (I don't really measure)
- Allow tuna to come to room temp. Preheat grill to high.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients for the dressing except the olive oil. Wisk the oil in a drizzle at a time to desired consistency (the same as you would for a vinaigrette). Set aside.
- Lightly brush tuna with olive oil and season with salt and fresh ground pepper. Grill tuna to 125 degrees F internal temp. Allow to cool slightly. Break the meat up into large flakes and coat with the dressing.
- Serve with crackers, toasted bread, or as a sandwich.
Recipe by : Connie Murray @ happybellyfoodie.com