Though Thanksgiving is long gone, turkey is still in season. If you’re like me, you’ve still got leftovers in the freezer. Have a delicious breakfast made simply out of that meat and stuffing. Yes, you can have turkey for breakfast!
Of course, you can have this dish for lunch or dinner as well but it really is a surprising treat for breakfast. My friend Barbara and I had a turkey dinner this past week and it was delicious but with the two of us and only a few guests, there was so much turkey left over that we needed to use the leftovers to create an entire new meal.
Creativity in the kitchen is the key when it comes to wasting nothing. You’ve got so many options with turkey and this is the deliciousness we came up with. I do hope you’ll enjoy. Be sure to save the printout below for your next chicken or turkey. It really is delightful!
Have a beautiful day and as always, keep it delicious!
Till next time ~ much love, Connie
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 patties made of left over stuffing
- 1/4 cup fat from turkey (or butter)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup turkey broth
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cut up turkey chunks
- In a skillet, heat the butter to melt over med/high heat.
- Fry the stuffing patties until browned on both sides and heated through.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add the turkey fat (or butter) to the skillet and melt.
- Add the flour to the skillet and use a wire whisk to blend.
- Heat 2 minutes and add the broth.
- The mixture should be rather thick.
- Add the milk and continue whisking until the mixture is thick like gravy.
- Add the turkey to the skillet and heat through.
- Serve the gravy with the turkey chunks over the stuffing patties and enjoy!
Can use chicken in place of turkey.
Recipe by Connie Murray @happybellyfoodie.com