Boozy Peach Crisp is a wonderful dessert you can make with fresh peaches. Serve it with fresh whipped cream or delicious vanilla ice cream.
Last year, when we were at the peak of peach season, I took full advantage of our local orchard. These were some of the best peaches ever! But, I bought WAY too many and had to come up with a few recipes to use them up before the shame of deterioration set in on the uneaten ones. I got all boozy with the schnapps and the moonshine cherries and it turned out fantastically sinful and Delicious! The season for peaches isn’t that far off. You’ll want to keep this recipe in your back pocket! ~ much love, Connie
Boozy Peach Crisp
- 7-8 cups peeled pitted, and sliced fresh peaches
- 1/2 cup peach schnapps
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 tbsp butter
- Crumb Topping
- 1/2 cup flour I use wheat flour but all-purpose works fine
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- Moonshine Cherries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 o F
- For really ripe peaches: Combine the slices with schnapps, brown sugar, and butter into a large bowl. Stir well. Ladle peaches into single serving crocks (6) leaving room for topping or into a 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish.
- For peaches that are still firm: In a large pot, combine the slices with the schnapps and brown sugar and place over medium/high heat. Bring to a boil, turn heat down to low and simmer for 7-8 minutes. Ladle peaches into single serving crocks (6) leaving room for topping or into a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix well until all flour is absorbed and mixture is wet and crumbly.