Easy Flatbread Pizza
Looking for a quick, homemade pizza?
This delicious flatbread is light, crispy and crunchy in all the right places. The best part? It’s ready, lickity-split!
Sometimes I want homemade pizza but I don’t wanna fiddle around too much. I just want to throw a quick crust together and pop it in the oven. That’s exactly why I love this recipe. There’s no fuss. It’s perfectly lovely as an appetizer or as a light meal. The left-overs are great for freezing as well.
You’ll wanna preheat your oven (500 degrees F.) before you get your ingredients out because there’s no wait time with this recipe. Since it’s a flatbread, no yeast is needed and no rising is required.
For the dough, you’ll need flour, sugar, water, baking powder, salt and olive oil.
Combine everything in the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with a dough hook. Mix for 5 to 6 minutes or until the dough comes together. It’ll be sticky but pull away from the sides of the bowl easily.
Turn the dough out onto a well floured surface and sprinkle with more flour. Knead a couple of times and divide into quarters.
Roll each piece into a flat, 10 to 12 inch rectangle with a rolling pen.
Drizzle some olive oil onto a sheet of parchment paper and place the dough on top. Brush a little olive oil over each flatbread. (This makes for a nice crispy crust.)
Top your flatbreads with your favorite toppings and slide onto a baking sheet, parchment paper and all. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted to your liking. If you need a quick marinara sauce recipe, check out my Easy Marinara Sauce. We do love that sauce!
I like fresh mozzarella and fresh basil on mine but you can do pepperoni or whatever your pizza topping favs are.
Another great thing about this recipe is that it’s easily adaptable for a gluten-free option. Simply replace the all purpose flour with your favorite gluten-free brand and add two teaspoons of guar gum.
Sometimes you just need something good to eat without all the fuss. That’s why I love sharing these simple recipes with you fine foodie folks. Next time you’re hankerin’ for pizza in a hurry, you’ve got a great plan right here.
Make it a fantastic day and as always, keep it delicious!
Till next time ~ much love, Connie
Easy Flatbread Pizza
- 2 C all purpose flour *
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- more olive oil for drizzling
- more flour for shaping the dough
- 2 C pizza sauce
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella slices
- 4 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- * for a gluten free option replace the all purpose flour with your favorite gluten free brand and add 2 teaspoons of guar gum.
- Combine all ingredients for the dough in the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with a dough hook.
- Mix on med until the dough comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a well floured surface and sprinkle with more flour.
- Knead the dough a few times and divide into four pieces.
- Roll each piece of dough out into a 10 to 12 inch rectangle.
- Drizzle olive oil over two sheets of parchment paper and place two of the flatbreads on each.
- Brush more olive oil over the dough.
- Top each flatbread with 1/2 cup of the pizza sauce, the slices of mozzarella and the fresh basil.
- Place on baking sheets, on the parchment paper and bake 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted to your liking.