Instant Pot Tabbouleh Salad is a refreshing dish that’s light and lovely. This salad is perfect for a pot luck or any Summer picnic. No worries about spoilage because there’s no mayo or dairy ingredients. In fact, my vegan friends, this one is a vegan dish.
I absolutely love the freshness of parsley with it’s bright scent and flavor. There’s quite a bit in this dish so if you’re a gardener and you grow your own herbs, you’ll be proud to show them off here.
This recipe will keep in the fridge for up to five days, which makes it a great make ahead dish. I do hope you’ll enjoy!
Instant Pot Tabbouleh Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup fresh parsley chopped finely
- 2 green onions chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Place the quinoa, water and salt into the pot of the pressure cooker.
- Place the lid on the unit and turn to locked position.
- Turn the steam release valve to sealing.
- Press the manual button and adjust the time for 1 minutes.
- Once the unit has finished cooking, allow the pressure cooker to naturally release the steam.
- While waiting on the steam to release, place the chopped parsley, chopped green onions, lemon juice, garlic powder and olive oil in a bowl.
- After the steam has finished releasing (about 15 minutes) remove the lid and stir the quinoa.
- Allow the quinoa to cool completely.
- Add the quinoa to the parsley mixture and stir well.
- Place the salad in the refrigerator to allow the flavors to marinate for about an hour.
- Serve cold as a side dish or simply enjoy by itself.
P.S. Planning on doing some Amazon shopping? Help a sista out and shop in my store. It won’t cost you anything extra but it’ll put a few pennies in my pocket. I’d appreciate that so much, my foodie friends! Just click one of those do-dads below and it’ll take you right to my shop.