Instant Pot Thai Peanut Chicken Lo Mein is a delicious one pot meal, made super easy with your electric pressure cooker. Using complimentary elements in the sauce such as sesame oil, peanut butter, ginger, garlic, honey and soy makes this dish wonderfully tasty!
Based on my Thai Peanut Vinaigrette sauce, I decided to make a lo mein dish in my pressure cooker. I love how the sauce tastes with the light lo mein noodles and chicken. It may sound a little strange to put peanut butter in a dish but just the aroma of it makes my mouth water.
Have a look at how the flavors all come together..
Makes you want a bowl right now, doesn’t it?
You’re in luck because that handy printout below will get you on your way, right quick. It’ll be ready in no time with your pressure cooker. Don’t ya just love that gadget?
I hope you fine foodie folks out there enjoy watching Happy Belly Foodie’s new video features. Leave me a comment and let me know what else you’d like to see. I’d love to hear from you.
If you’d like to subscribe to my Youtube channel, here’s a handy dandy link for ya —> HappyBellyFoodie Youtube Channel. It’d tickle me pink if you’d join us there, too!
Have a fantastic day and as always, keep it delicious!
Till next time ~ much love, Connie
Instant Pot Thai Peanut Chicken Lo Mein
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 C creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 C chicken stock
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 8 oz lo mein noodles
- 1 C carrots julienne sliced
- 1 C snow peas
- 2 red jalapenos cored and sliced
- 1/2 C green onion chopped
- Preheat the cooker on saute.
- Add the sesame oil.
- Add the chicken and brown each piece on both sides.
- Remove and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, peanut butter, honey, lemon juice and chicken stock.
- Place the butter in the pot.
- Add the garlic and ginger.
- Add the liquid mixture.
- Arrange the noodles on top by spreading them out.
- Add the carrots, snow peas and jalapenos.
- Lay the chicken on top.
- Cover with the lid and close into locked position.
- Turn the steam release valve to closed.
- Press the keep warm/cancel button to reset the unit.
- Press the manual button and adjust the time to 12 minutes.
- When the timer has counted to zero, carefully release the steam.
- Remove the lid and take the chicken out to dice.
- Add the green onion and the mixture stir well.
- Add the chicken back to the pot, stir and serve.