Pressure Cooker Cheesy Broccoli Casserole is a quick, cozy side dish you can make for a week night dinner or serve for more formal occasions. Fresh ingredients, including cream cheese as a base makes it super delicious with every bite.
Making soups and stews in the pressure cooker is absolutely wonderful. “Baking” desserts in my handy gadget, like cheesecake and brownies is the bees knees. But what about side dishes? You know, like fresh veggies.
Broccoli is a terrific one to work with. I mean, it’s so versatile. It has a great flavor profile to build on and turning it into a casserole is a lovely way to show it off. Even better if you’ve got some cute little mini loaf pans like these ones my Mom gave me. (Thank ya Mom!) The ones I have are no longer in stock but they hold just over one and a quarter cups of food each, if you’re looking for measure. Really, any oven safe dish that will fit in the pot of your pressure cooker will work for this recipe.
Take a look at how I used the “pot in pot” method to make this dish…
Pretty simple, huh?
If you want to add a layer of crisp crackers and get that cheese melted on top, pop the casserole (or mini casseroles) under the broiler for a couple of minutes. I like mine as is but there’s that extra touch if you prefer.
Either way, the recipe below is a keeper. I may even make a double batch in a couple of bigger pans and dress it up with those crackers and melty cheese for a great Thanksgiving side dish this year.
I hope you’ll give it a try. If you have a request for another great side dish or any recipe, drop me a line in that little comment box below. I’d love to hear from you!
Have a beautiful day and as always, keep it delicious!
Till next time ~ much love, Connie
Pressure Cooker Rosemary Garlic Bean Medley
- butter for casserole dish es
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 C shredded cheddar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 C onion diced
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 5 C broccoli
- 1 1/2 C water for the pressure cooker pot
- shredded cheddar for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, egg and lemon juice with an electric hand mixer until smooth.
- Stir in the cheddar, garlic, onion, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Fold the broccoli into the mixture and ladle into buttered casserole dish(es).
- Cover the casserole(s) with foil.
- Pour the water into the pressure cooker pot.
- Place the casserole(s) onto the trivet in the pot.
- If using mini casserole dishes, be sure to stack them firmly so they don't tip over during the pressure cook.
- Place the lid on the unit and turn to locked position.
- Turn the steam release valve to sealing.
- Press the manual button and adjust the timer to 15 minutes.
- Once the unit has finished cooking and the timer has counted to zero, allow the steam to release naturally for 10 minutes.
- Carefully release any remaining steam.
- Remove the casserole(s) and the foil from the tops.
- Sprinkle cheddar on top for garnish and serve.