I love a fresh take on an old recipe. You can do just about anything you want when it comes to making a great slaw. It isn’t limited to just cabbage or just the creamy version.
This one has a nice light zip with an Asian twist. The rice wine vinegar and sesame oil give this dish a nice toasty-tangy base while the honey provides a touch of sweet. The red onion and parsley wake it up into a springtime delight.
Try a new version of slaw for your next potluck or family grill out. The flavor possibilities are endless!
Bok Choy Slaw
- 1/4 C rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/8 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 3 C bok choy thinly sliced
- 1/2 C red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/2 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1/2 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1/4 C fresh chopped parsley
- Whisk the wet ingredients together in a large bowl. Toss the vegetables in and stir well. Top with sesame seeds and parsley.