Cool No-Bake Coconut Bars
Want a sweet treat without the heat? These cool no-bake coconut bars are perfect for that!
I wanted something sweet but didn’t want to heat up the kitchen, as it’s getting quite warm here in Kentucky. Summer is kickin’ in and we’ll be cooking outdoors as much as possible for the next few months. Even though daytime temps are reaching the 80’s, the occasional sweet tooth craving must be satisfied.
The thing I love about no-bake bars like this is that you can change the recipe to suit. Meaning, what ever you have on hand will work. Using coconut oil and honey will hold the mixture together with a quick chill in the freezer. Simply place your ingredients in a food processor and press the mixture into a small dish lined with parchment paper.
Melt a little chocolate or carob with a couple tablespoons of coconut oil and smooth over top.
About 20 minutes in the freezer will do. Invert onto a clean surface and slice.
Easy cool treats with minimal mess!
Sometimes you just need something sweet without all the fuss. That’s just what these cute little bars are. They’ll make a great snack or a quick grab n go breakfast. Either way, they’re Happy Belly Foodie crew approved!
I hope you’ll give them a try and let us know what kind of creative creation you’ve come up with. We’d love to hear from you!
Till next time ~ much love, Connie
No-Bake Coconut Bars
- 2 C unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 C rolled oats
- 1/2 C puffed millet
- 1/2 C hulled sesame seeds
- 1 C carob chips divided
- 1/2 C raw honey
- 2 tbsp coconut cream optional
- 1/4 C coconut oil melted and divided
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- In a food processor, combine the coconut, oats, millet, sesame seeds, 1/2 cup carob chips, honey, coconut cream, 2 tbsp coconut oil and sea salt.
- Pulse until combined well.
- Line a small baking dish with parchment paper and press the mixture in.
- Place 1/2 cup carob chips and 2 tbsp coconut in a small bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Stir until the chips are melted.
- Pour the melted carob mixture over the coconut mixture and smooth with a spoon.
- Place the dish in the freezer for 15 minutes or until the carob has hardened.
- Remove the coconut bars from the dish and turn out onto a plate or serving dish, upside down.
- Slice into individual bars and serve.