Instant Pot Chicken Marsala is a fantastic week night dinner with it’s light, flavorful broth and hearty bite. We added spinach to the sauce for extra vitamin power and gave it our own fresh dose of rosemary, thyme and garlic to boot. To top it off, we made it in the pressure cooker for a faster finish.
Super easy, super fast and super tasty! This delicious dish is brought to you by, “Put that on my plate tonight!”We love this dinner. Of course, all the recipes here at Happy Belly Foodie are approved by me and my crew before they hit the press. If it doesn’t work for us, we do it over until it does.
Easily converted for the pressure cooker, this dish turned out fantastic on the first take. After making it on the stove top for several years, based on my copy cat recipe of a restaurant version, we decided to employ the Instant Pot to do the job for us and we loved the outcome.
Have a look-y loo…
Fun, huh? That little bit there at the end is just my way of keeping it real. Danny was waiting to see if the chicken was for him. Sorry big guy, there wasn’t any leftovers.
But seriously folks, we couldn’t be happier to share our favorite tried and true recipes with you. We think you’ll really enjoy this one because the chicken turns out moist, tender and tasty throughout. And the sauce, with those delightful portobello mushrooms is to die for!
Give it a try and let us know about it. We’d love to hear from you!
Have a wonderful day and as always, keep it delicious!
Till next time ~ much love, Connie
Instant Pot Chicken Marsala
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 C onion diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 8 oz baby Portobello mushrooms sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 C chicken stock
- ½ C marsala wine dry
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 C spinach
- 1 lb linguini cooked per package directions
- freshly grated parmesan cheese for garnish
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Press the sauté button.
- Add the olive oil to the pot.
- Brown the chicken on both sides, remove and set aside.
- Add the onion to the pot and sauté to deglaze the bottom.
- Add the garlic, mushrooms, rosemary, thyme, chicken stock, wine, salt and pepper to the pot.
- Place the chicken on top.
- Place the lid on and lock.
- Turn the steam release valve to closed.
- Press the keep warm/cancel button.
- Press the manual button and adjust the time for 10 minutes.
- In a sauté pan, heat the butter on med/hi to melt.
- Whisk in the flour and cook 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once the pressure cooker has finished cooking, carefully release the steam.
- Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Press the sauté button.
- Stir in the butter and flour mixture and whisk until the liquid has thickened.
- Turn the unit off and add the spinach and pasta.
- Stir well and place into serving dish.
- Place chicken on top and ladle more sauce on.
- Garnish with freshly grated parmesan.