Are you skipping certain dishes for Thanksgiving? There’s no need to do without your favs at the dinner table. Let’s shake things up! Cauliflower Stuffing Sensation!
This roasted cauliflower, all dressed up is the perfect alternative to stuffing. It’s got all the melodies you love without all those heavy carbs.
Now I love my Thanksgiving stuffing. It’s one of my favorite things. What I don’t love is that bloated, sleepy feeling I get from all the carbs. Believe it or not, cauliflower is fantastic with very same flavors and it’s not gonna have you napping after dinner.
You know the poultry seasoning mix that goes into stuffing, right? Sage, rosemary, marjoram and thyme are the harmonious blend of herbs that warm the kitchen and delights the senses.
After your veggies are trimmed and your herbs are chopped, a drizzle of olive oil and a quick mix is all that’s left to do for this dish. Let the oven do the rest. 400 degrees F. for about 45 minutes will have all these good-for-you veggies nice and toasty.
The only thing you’ll be missing is that loaded down, lemmie take a nap feeling after you enjoy this terrific side dish.
Whether you’re on a low-carb diet, gluten-free diet, vegan diet or just watching the calories, this little re-vamp of an old favorite works wonderfully as an alternative.
If you were looking for something to replace stuffing for your meal or just wanna shake up a veggie dish, give this one a try friends. It’s a fantastic twist!
Have a beautiful weekend and as always, keep it delishious!
Till next time ~ much love, Connie
Cauliflower Sensation ~ Stuffing Alternative
- 1 head of cauliflower trimmed and cut into pieces
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 7-8 baby portobello mushrooms quartered
- 1 tsp fresh sage chopped fine
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary chopped fine
- 1 tsp fresh thyme chopped fine
- 1 tsp marjoram chopped fine
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients well and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in a casserole dish for about 45 minutes or until all the vegetables are tender and golden brown.
Leave a Reply