Pressure Cooker Garden Salsa is a delicious Summer savoring treat! If you’ve got a bumper crop of peppers and maters, this recipe is perfect for saving them. Pick your level of heat with your favorite kind of peppers and enjoy.
Hi folks! Connie here with an easy, go-to recipe for your electric pressure cooker. I don’t know about you but fresh, home-grown tomatoes are my favorite signature of Summer.
One of the great things about salsa, is you can mix and match tomatoes and peppers as you see fit.
Some dear friends of mine hooked me up with lots of terrific tomatoes and well, it’s just me now. So of course, I had to make some of my salsa. Actually, this recipe comes from my Mother (Thanks Ma!) and I always love making it.
The only adjustment between the original recipe and this one is using the pressure cooker instead of simmering the ingredients on the stove. The flavor is great and the thickness is perfect. I love the fact that it only takes a few minutes versus a few hours. That’s a major bonus!
I do hope you’re enjoying this beautiful Summer. Just remember to keep this recipe in your back pocket for when the great bumper crops come in.
Pressure Cooker Garden Salsa
- 4 C tomatoes cored, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 large green bell peppers trimmed, seeded and diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers trimmed, seeded and diced (leave seeds in for more heat)
- 1/2 C diced hot peppers your choice, optional
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper sauce
- 1/2 C apple cider vinegar
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- Combine all ingredients in the pot of the pressure cooker.
- Place the lid on the unit and turn to locked position.
- Turn the steam release valve to sealing.
- Press the manual button and adjust the time for 10 minutes.
- Once the unit has finished cooking, allow the pressure cooker to naturally release the steam.
- After the steam has finished releasing, remove the lid and stir.
- Allow the salsa to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Ladle into wide mouth pint jars and seal with lids.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill before serving.
Planning on doing some online shopping? Check out the links below for some great Amazon picks.