Instant Pot Fresh Tuna Casserole is a delightfully delicious comfort dish that boasts fresh tuna, onions, celery and cream. Skip the canned goods and go for the best!
Buh bye cans! We’ve remade one of our favorite comfort foods. No canned tuna and no canned soups. Plus, it’s all made in the pressure cooker. So, no hot kitchen either. Yay!!
You can’t deny the fact that you LOVE tuna casserole. Right? Well we thought it was high time this classic got a make-over. Fresh tuna and no canned soups allowed. And, we want it done faster. Pressure cooker fast!
It took three tries to get the liquid to pasta ratio right. We wanted this one to be perfect. That whole pasta/liquid thing is a bit troubling with pressure cooker. And yes, we had tuna casserole coming out of our ears here in the Happy Belly Foodie kitchen. But finally we got it right and took the guesswork out of the equation for you fine foodie folks out there.
Take a gander and see how we did it…
I know… you’re clawing at your screen. Don’t worry. We’ve got the recipe right here for you in that handy-dandy little print-out below.
Give it a try and let us know how it tickled your fancy. We’d love to hear from you!
If you’d like to subscribe to our Youtube channel, here’s a handy dandy link for ya —> HappyBellyFoodie Youtube Channel. It’d tickle me pink if you’d join us there, too!
Have a fantastic day and as always, keep it delicious!
Till next time ~ much love, Connie
Instant Pot Fresh Tuna Casserole
- 2 C pasta elbow mac
- 1 C onion
- 1 C celery
- 3 ½ C chicken stock
- 2 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 8 oz fresh tuna
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- ¼ C heavy cream
- 1 C frozen peas
- 1 C buttery crackers crushed
- 1 C shredded cheddar
- Preheat pressure cooker on sauté.
- Pour in the pasta, onion, celery and chicken stock.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the fresh tuna on top.
- Close the lid and turn the steam release valve to closed.
- Press keep warm/cancel button.
- Press manual and adjust the time to 5 minutes.
- In a sauté pan, heat the butter on med/hi.
- Stir in the flour and cook 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- When the pressure cooker timer has counted to zero, carefully quick release the steam.
- Remove the tuna and set aside.
- Pour the butter mixture into the pot and press the sauté button.
- Stir until thickened.
- Turn the unit off.
- Stir in the heavy cream.
- Stir in the peas and tuna.
- Cover with crackers, then cheese.
- Place the lid back on with the unit off.
- Remove lid after 5 minutes and serve.